Directions (Q. 1) : Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below : In a family of eight persons F, G, H, I, J, K, L and M – there are four males and four females. There are three married couples and two unmarried person. Each of them watching a different channel viz. colors (HD), colors, star crick et, star plus, zee tv, discovery national geographic channel and star cricket (HD). No couple watch both the version of the same tv. In the family of two generations, each female member except M has two sisters one brother. L is thefather–in–law of H and the one, who watch colors. G, who watch star cricket (HD), is the son–in–law of M. J, who watch starplus is unmarried sister of K, who does not watch discovery. No male watch star cricket or zee tv. F does not watch zee tv. M has no daughter–in–law. K is G's brother–in–law. I is the sister–in–law of H but she does not watch national geographic, discovery and zee tv.
1. Which of the following pairs of persons does not represent the couples ?
1) G and I 2) F and H 3) L and M 4) G and J 5) None of these
Directions (Q. 2-6): Each of the questions below consists of a question and three statements numbered I, II and III given below it, you have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the questions :
2. How is 'ru' coded in a code language ?
I) 'ru ta ab' is coded as 'clean clear home' and 'home is beautiful'' is the code of 'ta ha na'.
II) 'tu ma abo' is coded as 'flowers are white' and 'ea ta qa' is coded as 'clean sheets shades'.
III) 'ru qa mo' is coded as 'nice clear sheets' and 'abo ha qi' is coded as 'white deep light'.
1) Only I and III 2) All I, II and III 3) Only II and III 4) Only I and II 5) All I, II and III are not sufficient.
3. How many members are there in the family ?
I) S's mother T is wife of R.
II) N and O are brothers of S.
III) Out of the three children T has only one girl and there is only one married couple in the family.
1) Only III 2) Only I and II 3) Only II and III 4) All I, II and III 5) All I, II and III are not sufficient.
4. 'School' is in which direction with respect to 'park' ?
I) Market is to the east of park. Apartment is to the south of park. School is to the north of apartment.
II) Market is to the east of park. Park is exactly in the mid of market and tower. Highway is to thenorth of tower. School is to the east of highway.
III) Shopping complex is to the north of school. Shopping complex is 10 meter from park. School is 12 meter from park.
1) Only I and III 2) Only I and II 3) Only II and III 4) All I, II and III 5) None of these
5. Six persons P, Q, R, S, T and U are sitting on the opposite sides of rectangular table. Three peopleon each side. Is R sitting at the middle position ?
I) S is not at the opposite seat of P and sits on the corner. R and T are sitting exactly opposite each other. P is on the immediate left of Q.
II) If P and U exchange their seats, then P is beside and left of T.
III) If P and T exchange their places, then T is on the immediate left of R.
1) Only I 2) Only I and II 3) Only III 4) All I, II and III 5) Only III
6. If Riya and Preeti interchange their respective positions then how many girls are sitting between Swati and Preeti ?
I) All are sitting in a queue. Preeti is 16th from Bhawna, who is 19th from the start.
II) Swati is 11 seats away from Riya.
III) There are 9 girls sitting between Bhawna and Riya.
1) Only I and II 2) Only II and III 3)All I, II and III 4) Any two of them 5) Data inadequate
Directions (Q. 7-10): Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below :
2. 1; From I : ru ta ab --> clean clear home ........ (i)
ta ha na --> home is beautiful .................. (ii)
From I and II : home --> ta
From II : tu ma abo --> flowers are white ......... (iii)
ea ta qa --> clean sheets shades ........... (iv)
From III : ru qa mo --> nice clear sheets ........ (v)
abo ha qi --> white deep light .......... (vi)
From I and III : using eqns (i) and (v) ru --> clear
5.2; From I – > S is not at opposite of P. P is on the left of Q. R and T are sitting exactly opposite to each other.
From II – > When P and U exchange their seats. P becomes beside and left of T.
From III – > When P and T exchange their seats, and then T is on the immediate left of R.
6.5; Given data is not adequate.
7.3; U < I = S = K ≤ G = E ≤ D
8.4; M ≤ H > G = E < D < C ≤ B
9.4; P > W ≤ V ≤ Q ≤ T = L < N
Comparing, N and Q, N > Q
Comparing, W and N, N > W
Comparing, W and Q, Q ≥ W
We can’t compare N and P. Thus, I, II and III follow.
10.4; 2T = R + Q ............ (i)
S + R < P + Q ............ (ii)
R + Q < S + T ........... (iii)
From I and III – > S + T > R + Q = 2T
S + T > 2T S > T ......... (iv)
Putting this value in eq. (ii) we get T + R < P + Q