Directions (Q. 1): Study the following information carefully and answer the questions that follows : P, Q, R, S, T, U, V and W are eight enclosures in the zoo. Eight animals viz. Lion, Panther, Bison, Bear, Deer, Leopard, Tiger and Monkey are housed in each enclosure but not necessarily in the same order. All the enclosures are around a circular chamber but the lock of each enclosure is in the outward direction with respect to the circular chamber. Enclosures T and V are not in neighbor position. Bear is housed in enclosure V. There are two enclosures between the enclosures in which Panther and Bison are housed. The enclosure in which bison is enclosed placed second to the left of enclosure P.
There are two enclosures between V and the enclosure in which monkey is housed. W and S are immediate neighbors of each other. The enclosure in which leopard is housed, is on the immediate right of the enclosure in which tiger is enclosed. Leopard and deer are not housed in enclosure U. U is not an immediate neighbor of the enclosure in which monkey is enclosed. The enclosure in which leopard is housed cannot placed with the enclosure in which lion is housed.
Enclosure T is second to the left of the enclosure in which panther is housed. Neither monkey nor panther is housed in R. S and Q are not at neighbor position. Q in which bison is not housed placed on the immediate left of enclosure U. There is only one enclosure placed between Q and the enclosure in which monkey is housed and that enclosure can never be P. There is only one enclosure placed between those two enclosures in which tiger and monkey are housed.
1. Which of the following is the position of enclosure P with respect to the enclosure in which deer is housed ?
1) Third to the right 2) Fourth to the left 3) Third to the left 4) Second to the right 5) None of these
Directions (Q. 2–6): In each questions below are given three statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance with commonly known facts. Read all the conclusion and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements, disregarding commonly known facts. Give answer :
1) If only conclusion I follows. 2) If only conclusion II follows. 3) If either conclusion I or conclusion II follows. 4) If neither conclusion I nor conclusion II follows. 5) If both conclusion I and II follow.
(2 – 3) : Statements : All rows are columns. Some columns are straight. Some straight are queue.
2. Conclusions: I.Some rows being queue is a possibility. II.All rows are straight.
3. Conclusions: I.Some columns can never be rows. II.At least some queues are columns.
(4–5) : Statements : No blue is sea. Every sea is river. Some rivers are fountains.
4. Conclusions: I.All blue are possibly fountain. II.Some sea are fountain.
5. Conclusions: I.No river is sea. II.There is a possibility that some blue are not fountain.
6. Statements: All managers are professionals. All professionals are engineers. Some engineers are good.
Conclusions: I.All engineers being manager is a possibility. II.Some professionals are not managers.
Directions (Q. 7-10): Study the following information carefully to answer the given questions : A word and number arrangement machine when given on input line of words and numbers rearranges them following a particular rule in each step. The following is an illustration of input and rearrangement. Input :talent 13 to 32 draw 92 when 35 immediate 42 85 arrived.
Step I :to 92 talent 13 32 draw when 35 immediate 42 85 arrived.
Step II:to 92 when 85 talent 13 32 draw 32 immediate 42 arrived.
Step III:to 92 when 85 draw 42 talent 13 32 35 immediate arrived.
Step IV: to 92 when 85 draw 42 talent 35 13 32 immediate arrived.
Step V:to 92 when 85 draw 42 talent 35 arrived 32 13 immediate.
Step VI:to 92 when 85 draw 42 talent 35 arrived 32 immediate 13.
Step VI is the last step of the rearrangement. As per the rules followed in the above steps, find out in each of the following
questions, the appropriate steps for the input given below.
Input:8 possibility 38 chocolates 72 row 14 other 82 64 chisel season.
7. Which of the following will be the last step of the rearrangement ?
1) V 2) IV 3) VI 4) VII 5) VIII
8. Which of the following would be at sixth position from the right in step IV ?
1) chisel 2) season 3) 38 4) 64 5) None of these
9. Which step number would be the following output ? row 82 other 72 season 64 8 possibility 38 chocolates 14 chisel
1) Step IV 2) Step III 3) Step V 4) Step II 5) No such step is possible
10. If in step V 'row' is related to '72' and 'other' is related to '64', 'season' would be related to which of the following in the same pattern ?
1) 82 2) chisel 3) 38 4) 14 5) None of these
1.2; 2.1; 3.4; 4.1; 5.2; 6.1;
(7-10): The word and number arrangement machine rearranges words in increasing order of their lengths and in case there is a tie, the words are arranged according to the reverse alphabetical order. Numbers are rearranged in descending order in each step, the machine rearranges one word and one number.
Input : 8 possibility 38 chocolates 72 row 14 other 82 64 chisel season.
Step I :row 82 8 possibility 38 chocolates 72 14 other 64 chisel season.
Step II:row 82 other 72 8 possibility 38 chocolates 14 64 chisel season.
Step III: row 82 other 72 season 64 8 possibility 38 chocolates 14 chisel.
Step IV: row 82 other 72 season 64 chisel 38 8 possibility chocolates 14.
Step V: row 82 other 72 season 64 chisel 38 chocolates 14 8 possibility.
Step VI: Row 82 Other 72 Season 64 Chisel 38 Chocolates 14 Possibility 8.
7.3 , 8.1 , 9.2 , 10.3