Directions (Q. 1–5) : Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below : Six persons A, B, C, D, E and F are six representatives from different states viz Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Jammu, Bihar and Maharasthra, but not necessarily in the same order. All these wish to arrange the summit in six different months viz January, March, May, June, August and December, but not necessarily in the same order. They all have different coloured symbol. Two of them have red symbol and two have blue. Others have either green or yellow symbol.
A) Neither F nor B is from Jammu or from Bihar.
B) A has red mark but not arranging summit in August, May and December.
C) The person, who is representative of Uttarakhand, arranging summit in December.
D) E is from Gujarat but neither has green nor red mark.
E) Representatives from Maharashtra and Jammu have red and yellow coloured symbol respectively.
F) C is the representative from Uttar Pradesh and arranging a summit in March and his symbol is green.
G) F does not arrange summit in December.
1. Who among the following is the representative of Jammu ?
1) B 2) A 3) F 4) D 5) None of these
2. Uttarakhand is represented by –
1) A 2) F 3) B 4) D 5) Can't be determined
3. D's symbol is of which colour ?
1) Red 2) Blue 3) Yellow 4) Can't be determined 5) None of these
4. If 'E' is arranging summit in 'June', 'A' must arrange a summit in ––
1) January 2) December 3) August 4) Can't be determined 5) None of these
5. 'A' is representing which of the following state ?
1) Uttar Pradesh 2) Bihar 3) Maharashtra 4) Gujarat 5) Can't be determined
Directions (Q. 6 – 10): Read the following information and answer the questions given below : Eight teachers A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H are teaching different subjects viz English, Physics, Chemistry, Geography, Polity, History, Biology and Hindi but not necessarily in the same order. All of them are sitting around a circular table but not facing the centre. H sits third to the right of D. A and C and also their immediate neighbours do not teaches English. Only one teacher sits between E and the English teacher. History and Chemistry teachers are immediate neighbour of each other. 'A' is neither Polity nor History teacher. Only one teacher sits between F and Geography teacher. F does not teach either English or Chemistry. A sits third to the left of G. G teaches Physics. D is not the immediate neighbour of either A or G. The one who teaches Hindi is an immediate neighbour of D. Three teachers sits between G and the Biology teacher. H is not teaching either English or Hindi.
6. Who among the following is the Chemistry teacher ?
1) C 2) A 3) D 4) H 5) None of these
7. Who among the following represent immediate neighbour of H ?
1) F, C 2) F, B 3) D, E 4) F, A 5) F and Polity teacher
8. Which of the following is true regarding E ?
1) E sits second to the left of F. 2) E teaches history. 3) E sits between C and the Chemistry teacher. 4) Only one person sits between E and Chemistry teacher. 5) None of these
9. How many persons sit between B and History teacher, when counted clockwise from B ?
1) None 2) One 3) Two 4) Three 5) Four
10. Which of the following is true ?
1) B is the teacher of English.
2) Only one person is sitting between History and Polity teacher.
3) The Chemistry teacher is an immediate neighbour of E.
4) One person sits between G and the English teacher.
5) None of these
(1 to 5)
1.4; 2.3; 3.3; 4.1; 5.2;
(6 to 10)
6. 4; 7.4; 8. 5; 9.5; 10.2;