Directions (Q. 1): In each of the given questions, some statements are followed by two conclusions I and II. You have to assume everything in the statement to be true even if they seem to be at variance with commonly known facts, and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the statements, disregarding commonly known facts. Give answer:
1) if only conclusion I follows.
2) if only conclusion II follows.
3) if either I or II follows.
4) if neither I nor II follows.
5) if both conclusions I and II follow.
1. Statements : All attire are balanced. All balanced are critical.
Some critical are delightful. All delightful are effective.
Conclusions: I.All critical being attire is a possibility.
II.Some balanced are delightful.
Directions (Q. 2-6): Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below. A, B, C, D, E and F are six ambassadors of six different countries viz. Brazil, India, China, France, Australia, Russia but not necessarily in the same order. They are sitting around a circular table for discussing six different topics viz Trade, LOC, Terrorism, World peace, Environment and Development. But not necessarily in the same order. Only one person gives his views on one topic only.
(a) ‘Development, Terrorism and World Peace’ pointing persons are neither from ‘France’ nor from ‘Brazil’.
(b) Ambassadors from ‘India’ and ‘China’ are neither is pointing ‘Development’ nor ‘Terrorism’.
(c) A is neither from ‘France’ nor on the immediate left of the person who has pointed ‘Environment’.
(d) The only ambassador who is between ‘E’ and ‘F’ is pointing ‘LOC’.
(e) ‘D’ has his discussion about ‘Environment’ and he is from ‘China’. He is facing the person who has h is views on ‘LOC’.
(f) The one who is delivering about ‘Development’ is seated opposite to the person who is from ‘Russia’,while China’s ambassador is on the left of the person, who is noticing World Peace.
(g) One who discussed about ‘Trade’ is on the immediate right of France’s ambassador but on the immediate left of the person who has briefed about ‘Terrorism’.
(h) ‘C’ is not pointing ‘Terrorism’ while ‘F’ has no points for ‘Development’. F has discussion about trade and immediate left of the person who discussion terrorism.
2. Who among the following is France's ambassador?
1) A 2) B 3) C 4) E 5) None of these
3. The only ambassador between E and D is noticing which of the following topics?
1) World Peace 2) LOC 3) Development 4) Environment 5) None of these
4. Who among the following has a discussion about 'World Peace'?
1) E 2) B 3) A 4) C 5) E
5. Which of the following is correctly matched?
1) A-India-Environment 2) B-Australia-Terrorism 3) E-Australia-Development 4) F-Brazil-World Peace 5) None of these
6. 'Trade' pointing person is from which country?
1) Australia 2) India 3) Russia 4) Brazil 5) None of these
7. In the year 2008, there was recession in the American markets in which Lehman Brothers bank became b ankrupt. Which of the following can be the probable cause(s)of the above phenomenon?
1) The American bank was unable to recover the loan.
2) Due to corruption in America.
3) Decreasing demand of American goods in the international market.
4) The defaulters were not given loans. 5) Both 1) and 4)
8. The cost of basic commodities in the Indian market is continuously increasing. Which of the following can the probable cause(s)of the above phenomenon?
1) Due to 6th pay commission which has increased the purchasing power of the people
2) RBI has printed currency in excess
3) Cost of raw material has increased
4) Demand of basic commodities has increased in the Indian market
5) None of these
9. The Supreme Court's opinion on the Presidential reference dismissed two preposterous claims. One is that it's beyond the ambit of Parliament and the government to formulate economic policies. The second is that the government must allocate resources only through auctions. The big picture is that the supreme court left its decision on spectrum question unaddressed. In matters of detail, some points need resolution based on facts. Which of the following inferences can be drawn from the above statement? (An inference is something which is not directly stated but can be inferred from the given facts).
1) The spectrum and licence issues need resolution.
2) Supreme court opinion rose above the populist clamour.
3) Auction may be the best way of maximising revenue.
4) The supreme court could also uphold contractual obligations.
5) None of these
10. The BJP always says that they are the party of the Hindus but in the last one decade we have seen that the BJP has failed to leave any impression on the majority group of India who are the Hindus. What could be the main reason(s) behind the failure of the BJP?
I. There are now so many parties in India with the same ideology so the majority populace are divided.
II. The BJP are having only the single point agenda i. e. building the Ram Temple in Ayodhya.
III. Majority populace of India are not ready to accept the ideology of the BJP.
IV. Many leaders of the BJP were involved in the corruption in the last decade.
1) Only I and IV 2) Only II and III 3) Only III 4) Only III and IV 5) None of these
1. 5; All attire are balanced (A) + All balanced are critical (A)
= (A + A) = A = All attire are critical conversion Some
critical are attire. Hence All critical being attire is a
From statements (2) & (3)
All balanced are critical (A) + Some critical are delighful
= A + I = No conclusion.
(2 to 6)
2. 3 , 3. 1 , 4. 3 , 5. 3 , 6. 4 , 7. 1 , 8. 4 , 9. 1 , 10. 3