Directions (Q. 1-3) : Four of the following five are alike in a certain way and hence form a group . Which is the one that does not belong to that group?
1. 1) steel 2) mercury 3) copper 4) zinc 5) brass
2. 1) B3D 2) L13N 3) A2C 4) D7F 5) E6G
3. 1) A 2 ) EEEEE 3) OOO 4) DDDD 5) FFFFFF
Directions (Q. 4-6): In these questions, relationship between different elements is shown in the statements. These statements are followed by two conclusions. Assuming the given statements to be true, find which of the conclusions is/are definitely true.
1) if only conclusion I follows.
2) if only conclusion II follows.
3) if either conclusion I or II follows.
4) if neither conclusion I nor II follows.
5) if both conclusions I and II follow.
Directions (Q. 7 to 10): In each of the following questions, a question is followed by information given in two or three statements. You have to study the question along with the statements and decide the information give n in which statements is/are sufficient to answer the question.
7. On a TV channel, four serials P, Q, R and S were screened, one on each day,one on four consecutive days but not necessarily in that order. On which day was serial R screened?
I. The first serial was screened on 23rd, Wednesday and was followed by serial S.
II. Serial P was not screened on 25th and one serial was screened between serial P and Q.
1) Only I 2) II alone 3) Either I alone or II alone 4) Both I and II together 5) Neither I nor II
8. What is the code for 'arrival' in a code language?
I. 'arrival of queen' is written as 'tea gee see'.
II. 'transaction in bank' is written as 'lee jic uic'.
III. 'flowers of queen' is written as 'sav tee gee.'
1) Only I 2) Only II 3) Only I and II 4) Only III and I 5) None of these
9. Among A, B, C, D, E and F, whose rank is last in sports competition?
I. A scored more than only C and D.
II. E's rank is 3rd highest.
III. F did not score the 1st place.
1) Only I 2) Only II 3) Only III
4) Only I & II 5) Even I, II and III together are not sufficient
10. How is ‘L’ related to ‘M’?
I. M is father of Y and L
II. Y is son of M.
III. L is not son of M.
1) Only I 2) Only II 3) Only I & II 4) Only I & III 5) All I, II & III
1. 2; All are metals in solid states while mercury is a substance in liquid state.
2. 4; Rest contains that numerical digit which is the next number of alphabet.
3. 3; Rest are put according to their positions in alphabetical series. For example - D has 4th position in alphabetical series. So it’s repeated 4 times.