Directions (Q. 1-5): In each of the given questions, some statements are followed by two conclusions I and II. You have to assume everything in the statement to be true even if they seem to be at variance with commonly known facts, and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the statements disregarding commonly known facts. Give answer
1) if only conclusion I follows.
2) if only conclusion II follows.
3) if either I or II follows.
4) if neither I nor II follows.
5) if both conclusions I and II follow.
1. Statements: Some married are educated.
Some educated are men.
All men are qualified.
Conclusions: I.Some educated if they are men are qualified.
II. Some educated if they are qualified are men.
2. Statements: All shares are debentures.
No debenture is an equity.
Many equities are maturities.
Conclusions: I. No debenture can be a maturity.
II. All debentures that are shares may be equities.
3. Statements: Some doctors are rich.
All rich who are doctors are honest.
Conclusions: I. Many doctors are honest.
II. Some honest are possibly rich.
4. Statements: No ring is a wing.
Some wings are kings.
All kings are brave.
Conclusions: I. Some brave may be ring.
II. Kings which are not wings are rings.
5. Statements: All queens are beautiful.
Some princesses are queens.
No beautiful is royal.
Conclusions: I. All beautifuls which are princesses will necessarily be queens.
II. All queens are royal.
6. In a certain code language, BROUGHT is written as PSCTVJI. How is HEARING written in that code?
1) BFIQHOJ 2 ) IFBQIPK 3) BFIQIPK 4) BFIQHPI 5) None of these
7. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way based on English alphabetical series and so form a group. Which of the following does not belong to that group?
1) GI 2 ) OQ 3) MO 4) AD 5) UW
8. Ravi is Raju’s father, Sudha is Raju’s grandmother, Radha is Sudha’s sister, Rani is Ravi’s wife. How is Ravi related to Radha?
1) Sister 2 ) Niece 3) Sister-in-law 4) Maternal uncle 5) None of these
9. In a certain code ‘li ko jee’ means ‘paper is tough’; ‘si pee jee’ means ‘competition is high’; ‘da li’ means ‘good paper’ and ‘pa si’ means ‘no competition’. What should stand for ‘no is good’ ?
1) pa jee da 2) si ko da 3) da jee pee 4) pa li jee 5) None of these
10. Vikas walked 20 metres towards south, took a right turn and walked 5 metres. He took a right turn again and walked 20 metres before stopping. Which direction does Vikas face after stopping?
1) West 2) North 3) South 4) East 5) Can’t be determined
9. 1; li ko jee –> paper is tough ... (1)
si pee jee –> competition is high ... (2)
da li –> good paper ... (3)
pa si –> no competition ... (4)
From (1) and (2)
si –> competition
So, jee –> is
From (2) and (4)
pa –> no
From (1) and (3)
li –> paper
So, da –> good
Hence, jee pa da –> no is good