Directions (Q. 1-5): In each of the questions below are given statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seen to be at variance with commonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the statements desregarding commonly known facts. Give answer:
1) if only I follows.
2) if only II follows.
3) if either I or II follows.
4) if both I and II follow.
5) if neither I nor II follows.
1. Statements: All rats are cats. Some cats are pets.
Conclusions: I. All rats being pets is a possibility. II. Some cats can never be rats.
2. Statements: Some bats are hockeys. No bat is a ball.
Conclusions: I. There is a possibility that some hockeys are balls.
II. No hockey is a ball.
3. Statements: Some boys are honest. Some honests are intelligent.
Conclusions: I. At least some boys are intelligent. II. All boys are intelligent.
4. Statements: All carrots are parrots. All parrots are green.
Conclusions: I. There is a possiblity that some parrots are not carrots.
II. Some carrots are not green.
5. Statements: All handles are candles. No candle is a pandle.
Conclusions: I. All handles can never be pandles. II. All candles being handles is a possibility.
Directions (Q. 6-10): Study the following information, carefully to answer the given questions. Five friends F, M, K, N and Y are working in 5 different hospitals C, P, O, S and U and they earn different salaries ie Rs 8000, Rs 12000, Rs 15000, Rs 18000 and Rs 20000 and they all are of different ages ie 24, 26, 27, 29and 30 years. These all information’s are not necessarily in same order. Person who is 29 year old earns highest salary but does not work in C and P hospital. Y does not work in S and U hospital and his age is not 30. The salary of N is less than Rs 15000. The person who is 26 years old earns Rs 18000 per month. F earns Rs 12000 per month but does not work in P and S. M works in C hospital and earns more than Rs 15000.Person who is 27 years old works in U. 30 years old person earns at least Rs 15000.
6. In which hospital does F work?
1) U 2) C 3) P 4) S 5) O
7. Who works in Hospital P?
1) M 2) K 3) N 4) Y 5) Can't be determined
8. If the name of the person represents it’s salary then which of the following is true?
1) F + M = K 2) K + N = M 3) N + Y = M 4) F + N = Y 5) None of these
9. The person whose age is a prime number works in hospital
1) C 2) P 3) O 4) S 5) Can't be determined
10. Which of the following combinations is definitely true?
1) M – 29 years – C – 20000 2) N – 24 years – P – 8000 3) F – 24 years – S – 12000 4) Y – 29 years – O – 20000 5) None of these
(6 to 10)
6. 1 , 7. 5 , 8. 4 , 9. 3 , 10. 4