Directions (Q. 1-5): Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical or idiomatic error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is 'No error', the answer is 5). (Ignore errors of punctuation, If any).
1. 1) Despite the relative turbulence at the top / 2) particularly over the last two years,/ 3) the physical performance of our company / 4) has not been inconsiderable. / 5) No error
2. 1) A clear-sight and nuanced reading of the positions of / 2) various political parties would be crucial for any endeavour by the left parties / 3) to forge a common progressive / 4) and democratic coalition in the country / 5) No error
3. 1) It is important to make / 2) sense of this in order to / 3) understand emerging dynamics / 4) in Indian democracy / 5) No error
4. 1) It is partly the fault / 2) of an indecisive administration / 3) if it's really / 4) a much larger problem. / 5) No error
5. 1) The turnover have been rather rapid for various reasons, / 2) progressively reducing from four years / 3) to an average of about eight months / 4) each for the four employees that followed. / 5) No error
Directions (Q. 6-10): Rearrange the following seven sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E), (F) and (G) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions given below.
A) They would require a friend at work rather than a boss.
B) And wanted to work for some company like that.
C) Most of the respondents felt that they would like to do a job that offered a lot of freedom.
D) They wanted to seek feedback, though from time to time.
E) Many of them believed that at one point of time, they aspired to become heroes.
F) They had heard of companies that do not bother about work hours, leaves, permissions.
G) They felt that they are responsible and did not want somebody else to tell them what to do every time.
6. Which of the following would be the FIFTH sentence after rearrangement ?
1) F 2) D 3) G 4) A 5) C
7. Which of the following would be the SECOND sentence after rearrangement ?
1) A 2) E 3) D 4) B 5) F
8. Which of the following would be the FIRST sentence after rearrangement ?
1) C 2) F 3) E 4) A 5) B
9. Which of the following would be the THIRD sentence after rearrangement ?
1) C 2) E 3) B 4) D 5) F
10. Which of the following would be the LAST (SEVENTH) sentence after rearrangement ?
1) G 2) F 3) B 4) E 5) C
1. 5; No error.
2. 1; replace ‘sight’ with ‘sighted’.
3. 3; add ‘the’ before ‘emerging’.
4. 3; replace ‘if’ with ‘but’.
5. 1; replace ‘have’ with ‘has’.
(6-10) C F B G D A E
6. 2 , 7. 5 , 8. 1 , 9. 3 , 10. 4