Directions (Q. 1-5): The following questions consist of a single sentence with one blank only. You're given six words as answer choices. You have to pick up two correct choices which will make the sentence meaningfully complete.
1. Previous fossil finds have long suggested that Africa was the cradle for anthropoids, which included monkeys and ____________.
1) A and D 2) B and F 3) A and D 4) E and C 5) A and C
2. Will his political party take off and _________ an impact.
1) B and F 2) C and A 3) B and C 4) D and E 5) E and F
63. According to information given on the grand challenges explorations website, _________ for use in a vaccine a live
single-cy cle poliovirus has been modified to eliminate the gene essential for replication.
1) A and D 2) F and B 3) F and C 4) D and E 5) A and F
4. Can we take traditional medications through the rigours of modern _________
1) A and B 2) F and E 3) C and D 4) F and C 5) B and D
5. The fly is a ______ model for studying the effects of a drug candidate on the body and its parts.
1) B and E 2) C and D 3) A and F 4) A and E 5) B and C
Directions (Q. 6-10): Below is given a single word with its meaning in different contexts as options, you have to select all those options which are synonyms of the word when the context is changed. Select the correct alternative from 1), 2), 3),
4) and 5) which represents all those synonyms.
A. prime B. peak C. void D. winter
1) Only A 2) Both A & B 3) A, B & C 4) B, C & D 5) All A, B, C & D
A. incident B. epic C. epoch D. inequality
1) Only A 2) Both A & B 3) A, B and C 4) B, C & D 5) All A, B, C & D
A. rigid B. flexible C. stiff D. influx
1) Only A 2) Both A & B 3) Only A& C 4) A, C & D 5) All A, B, C & D
A. uprising B. rebel C. disgust D. unrewarding
1) Only B 2) Both B & C 3) A, B & C 4) B, C & D 5) All A, B, C & D
A. infectious B. classify C. spiteful D. abundant
1) Only A 2) Both A & C 3) Only B, C & D 4) Only A, B & D 5) All A, B, C & D
1.5; (apes and humans)
2.3; (create and make)
3.1; (develop and availed)
4.3; (biology and phrmocology)
5.4; (useless and acceptable)
6.2 , 7.1 , 8.4 , 9.3 , 10.1