Directions (Q. 1- 5) : In each of the question below, two/three statements are given followed by conclusions /group of conclusions numbered I and II. You have to assume all the statement to be true even if they seem to be at variance with commonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusion logically follows from the information given in the statements. Give answer : 1) If only conclusion I follows.
2) If only conclusion II follows.
3) If either conclusion I or conclusion II follows.
4) If neither conclusion I nor conclusion II follows.
5) If both conclusion I and II follow.
1. Statements : No fruit is basket. No red is black. Some black are fruits.
Conclusion: I.Some red are not fruits. II.Some black are not basket.
2. Statements : No phone is a camera. All cameras are tablets. Some tablets are batteries.
Conclusion: I.Some batteries are cameras. II.Some phones are batteries.
3. Statements : All desks are table. No table is a pen. All pens are pencils.
Conclusion: I.Some pencils are desks. II.No pencil is a desk.
4. Statements : All pets are animals. All pets are wild.
Conclusion: I.Some animals are wild. II.Some pets being not wild is a possibility.
5. Statements : Some poems are toys. All toys are black.
Conclusion: I.At least some poem's are black. II.At least some black are toys.
Directions (Q. 6 - 10) : Read the following information carefully and answer the given questions : Seven people Joseph, Navneet, Hitesh, Varun, Deepak, Rashmi and Brijesh are working professionals. They work in five different organisation i.e, Britania, Blackberry, TCS, Philips and Google, but not necessarily in same order. More than two professionals do not work in same organisation. Navneet and Rashmi works in the same organisation. Brijesh and Deepak do not work in Google. Hitesh works in Britania. Joseph works in the same organisation in which Hitesh works. Brijesh works in Philips. Deepak and Varun do not work either in blackberry or in Philips. Only one professional works in Google.
6. Who among the following works in Google ?
1) Deepak 2) Navneet 3) Rashmi 4) Varun 5) None of these
7. In which organisation does Joseph works ?
1) Philips 2) Google 3) Britania 4) Can't be determined 5) None of these
8. Which of the following organisation has/have two working professionals ?
1) Britania 2) Google 3) Britania and Blackberry 4) Philips and Google 5) Blackberry
9. Who among the following works in Philips ?
1) Brijesh 2) Hitesh 3) Deepak 4) Varun 5) Rashmi
10. Which of the following pair is definitely true ?
1) Joseph - Google 2) Rashmi - TCS 3) Varun - Blackberry 4) Rashmi - Philips 5) None of these
1. 2; No red is black (E) + some black are fruits (I) = E + I =
O* = Some fruits are not red. Hence, conclusion I does
not follow. Again, Some black are fruits (I) + No fruit is
basket (E) = I + E = O = Some black are not basket. Hence,
conclusion II follows.
2.4; All Cameras are tablets (A) + Some tablets are
batteries (I) = A + I = No, Conclusion, Hence, I does not
Again, No phone is Camera (E) + All Cameras are tablets
(A) = E + A = O* = Some tablets are not phones. Now,
Some tablets are batteries (I)
are tablets (I) + Some tablets are not phones (O) = I + O =
No conclusion. Hence, II does not follow.
3.3; All desks are tables (A) + No table is a pen (E) = A + E
= E = No desk is a pen (E) + All pens are pencils (A) = E +
A = O*= Some pencils are not desks. Hence, both
conclusions do not follow. But they make a complimentary
pair (I - E). Hence, either conclusion I or II follows.
4.1; All pets are wild conversion
Some wild are pets.
Now, Some wild are pets (I) + All pets are animals (A) = I
+ A = I = Some wild are animals. Hence, Conclusion I
follows, conclusion II does not follow because of the
5.5; Some poems are toys (I) + All toys are black (A) = I +
A = I = Some poems are black. Hence, conclusion I
follows. Conclusion II follows by converting the second
Hitesh - Britania
Joseph - Britania
Brijesh - Philips
Varun - Google
Deepak - TCS
Navneet - Blackberry
Rashmi – Blackberry
16.4; 17.3; 18.3; 19.1; 20.5;