1. Statement A :Government has recently fixed the charges for electricity unit offered by the companies lower than last year. Statement B :Public filed many petitions against the charges of electricity.
1) A is cause and B is its effect 2) B is cause and A is its effect
3) Both A and B are causes 4) Both A and Bare effects of common cause
5) Both A and B are effects of independent cause.
2. Statement :The demand of anti viruses has nearly doubled in the past three years. Course of Action:
A. Government should impose higher income tax rate on anti–viruses software.
B. Government should take strict action against those who are creating viruses. Which course of action will follow?
1) Only A 2) Only B 3) Either A or B 4) Both A and B 5) None follows
3. Assumption is something which is assumed/supposed and taken for granted. So which of these given statement fulfils above statement?
1) If you are choosing correct answer, option in objective examination, examiner should assume you have good and enough knowledge of that question.
2) A student in descriptive maths paper leaves some steps of solution. Examiner will assume that student knows these steps or operations if those steps are easier and can be avoided.
3) People are more safe while moving at left hand side of the road, if there is no footpath.
4) Government has shut down more than 200 public sector units. Government wants to create unemployment.
5) There was a murder last night despite of high security so high security cannot minimize crimes.
4. Statement:The maximum employee in the wave city centre project will be from our consultancy. A director of a consultancy.
Assumption: I.Most of the employees who are from consultancy are laborious.
II.Trainer and Recruiter will train their candidates thoroughly. Which assumption will implicit?
1) Only I 2) only II 3) neither I nor II 4) Both I and II 5) None of these
5. Statement:'Girls of our society get frightened by molestation. The molestation prevalent in our society is also creating a bad name for our society.'
Course of action: I. A strict law should be passed to control molestation in our society.
II. All those who found guilty in molestation must be permanently disenfranchised from the society and send to jail.
III. The authority should take strict action against those who are involved in molestation. Which course of action should be taken?
1) Only I 2) Only II 3) Only I and III 4) Only II and III 5) All of the above
6. Most of the children of this family are of outstanding talent. Which of the following inferences you can draw from this statement?
1) All children are not of outstanding talent.
2) Some of the children are of outstanding talent.
3) Some children are below outstanding talent.
4) Most of the children will be successful in their career.
5) None of the above.
7. Statement:Should the metro services be nationalized and governed by central?
Argument: I.Yes it has been done in many other countries.
II.No Bus services is more important than Metro services. Which argument is strong?
1) Only I 2) Only II 3) Both I and II 4) Neither I nor II 5) Either I or II
Directions (Q. 8-9): Read the following information carefully and answer the questions given below. Five students A, B, C, D and E have five different books on subject- Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Biology and English written by authors P, Q, R, S and T. Each student has only one book on one of the five subjects. P is the author of the physics book which is not owned by A and E. D owns the book written by T. C owns the Maths book. E has the English book which is not written by Q. Biology book is written by S.
8. The chemistry book is authored by whom?
1) P 2) T 3) Q 4) R 5) S
9. Which of the following combination of subject-student and author is correct?
1) Biology - A - T 2) Chemistry - D - Q 3) Physics - B - S 4) Math - C - Q 5) English - C - R
10. In the following number series how many such 7 are there which are immediately preceded by a pair of numbers whose product is less than the product of pair of numbers immediately following 7?
2 2 7 1 3 9 4 8 7 6 5 4 2 8 3 5 7 4 6 5 9 7 8 6 4 3 9 7 4 6 5 2
1) One 2) Two 3) Three 4) More than three 5) None of these
1.2 , 2.2, 3.2, 4.2, 5.3, 6.3 , 7.4
8.2, 9.4 , 10.3