Directions (Q. 1-5): Read the following information carefully to answer the questions given below: There are three houses on each side of the road. The houses are A, B, C, D, E and F. The houses are of different colours i.e. red, White, Blue, Green, Orange and Yellow but not necessarily in that order. Also the houses are of different heights. A, the White coloured house, is taller than C, but shorter than B and D. The shortest houses is exactly opposite to the Green coloured house. B, the Green coloured house is exactly opposite to F. F the Orange colour house, is located between A and D. C the Yellow coloured house, is exactly opposite to A. E the tallest house, is exactly opposite to the red coloured house.
1. What is the colour of the house diagonally opposite to the Yellow coloured house?
1) Orange 2) Red 3) Green 4) can't be determined 5) None of these
2. What is the colour of the shortest house?
1) Green 2) Blue 3) Yellow 4) Orange 5) None of these
3. Which of these sequences is correct according to decreasing order of height?
1) E > D > A > C > F 2) E > B > A > C > F 3) Both 1) and 2) 4) data inadequate 5) None of these
4. Which of these statements is correct?
1) Orange colour house is opposite to green colour house
2) White colour house is diagonally opposite of blue colour house.
3) Red colour house is opposite of blue colour house.
4) All of the above 5) None of these
5. Which of these statements is incorrect?
1) E is blue coloured house. 2) F is orange coloured house. 3) C is yellow coloured house. 4) A is green coloured house. 5) None of these
Directions (Q. 6-7): Following questions are based on the English alphabet. A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
6. If the first five letters of English alphabet are reversed, next five letters are left unchanged again eight letters are reversed and remaining eight letters are left unchanged then which letter will be 14th letter to the right of10th letter to the left of 4th letter to the right of 10th letter from the right.
1) W 2) X 3) Y 4) Z 5) None of the these
7. If the first half of the English alphabet is reversed and then next part is also reversed so as 'A' takes the position of 'M' and N takes the position of 'Z' then which letter will be in the middle between 14th letter from the left of 9th letter from the right and 11th letter from the right of 15th letter from the right.
1) A 2) Z 3) A and Z 4) B 5) None of these
8. Sameer walks 20 m. North. Then he turns right and walks 20 m. Then he turns right and walks 35 m. Then he turns left and walks 15 m. Then he turns left and walks 55 m. finally he turns left and walks 5 m. How many metres away is he from his original position?
1) 40.5 m. 2) 45 m. approx 3) 50 m. 4) can't be determined 5) None of these
9. In a code language 'He is writing' means 'sa re ga', 'you are going' means 'ma pa ra', 'you and me' means 'te po ma', 'me and he' means 'te po re' then what is the code of going writing?
1) sa and ra 2) either sa and ra or ga and pa 3) ra and ga 4) can not be determined exactly 5) None of these
10. If '–' stands for 'x', 'x' stand for '÷', '÷' stands for '+' and '+' stands for '–' then which of th e following equations is correct?
1) 430 + 135 – 4× 5 = 263
2) 340 × 17 – 36 + 10 ÷ 15 = 240.6
3) 970 – 480 ÷ 16 × 18 + 24 = 384
4) 66 × 3 – 11 + 12 = 1150 × 5
5) None of these
9.4; He is writing = sa re ga
you are going = ma pa ra
you and me = te po ma
me and he = te po re
hence the code of is writing = sa ga
So the code of writing will be sa or ga.
Similarly the code of going will be pa or ra.
after interchanging the sign
10.4; 66 ÷ 3 × 11– 12 = 1150 ÷ 5
22 × 11 – 12 =230
=242 – 12