Directions (Q. 51-60):Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Online shopping is the process of researching and purchasing products or services over the Internet. Basically online shopping is divided into 2 categories: Travel/Tourism and Online Retail Business. Travel/Tourism websites are like Makemytrip.com, IRCTC.com, Bookmyshow.com, Paytm.com and Yatra.com. These all sites provide some kind of either tickets or service. Like Paytm.com helps to do online recharge while makemytrip.com helps us to make Air/Bus/Rail ticket. Online Retail Websites are those, from where we purchase a product and the product is delivered to our doorstep. Like Flipkart.com, eBay.com and Amazon. in. These websites have a wide range of variety of products and brand. They deliver the purchased goods to our doorstep. Online Ticketing/Tourism/Services contribute 75% to the total revenue. The earliest online stores went into business in 1992, and online retailing took over a significant segment of the retail market during the first decade of the twenty-first century, as ownership of personal computers increased and established retailers began to offer their products over the Internet. Despite spiralling inflation and decline in demand for goods and services, e-commerce continued to gather steam in the year 2013. It moved strongly ahead, finding gr eat acceptance among consumers as they turned to online portals for buying electronics, home appliances, fast-moving consumer goods and even cars. The year 2014 will see continuation of consolidation of business in the over-crowded industry,and experts expect clear leaders to emerge in terms of specific categories. Reasons behind the popularity of Online Shopping in India are following: Internet users are increasing at a rate of 20%.,Some specific product may not be available in local market. In online shopping website, we can find a wide of variety and brands. So we can choose the best and cheaper among all. We get discount and other incentives through online shopping, which is generally not available in retail shop. Like Flipkart.com provides 30 days replacement guarantee. Moreover we have a busy life schedule, to book a Railway ticket at Ticket Counter may consume entire day but we can book the same ticket online within 2 minute (considering makemytrip.com). So we can save our time through online shopping. We have also multiple payment options. So no tension of cash. in case of on line shopping we get cash on delivery, some times free home delivery and many other incentives, which are very attractive. The growth rate of Online Shopping is gaining pace in India. India is 3rd largest country in this race lacking behind only USA and China. The growth rate of Online Shoppers is more than 30% while world’s average growth rates just 6-7%. You may be wondered to see that only 11% of India population is using Internet and only 10 million online shoppers. Think about the number of online shoppers, if 50% of India’s population gets start online shopping. The revenue generation was $2.5b in 2009, $6.3b in 2011 and $14b in 2012 and it is expected to reach to $24b by 2015. It is expected to contribute 4% to our GDP by 2020.Consumers across the globe are increasingly swapping crowded stores for one-click convenience, as online shopping becomes a safe and popular option. Online shopping has some advantages over shopping in retail stores, including the ability to easily compare prices from a range of merchants, access to a wide selection of merchandise, being open 24*7 and the convenience of not having to drive to a physical store. The Future growth will come through improvements to the shopping process on existing Web sites; the implementation of more online shopping sites by existing retailers; the coming of age of a younger, more technology-oriented generation; and the introduction of novel goods, services and online shopping experiences. The growth of online shopping in developing nations like India will occur as more people acquire personal computers and credit cards.
1. Which of the following is not a feature of online shopping?
1) It provides a wide range of products and brand.
2) All products are available on sites with a heavy discount.
3) One can get replacement guarantee on some specific shopping sites.
4) Online shopping is available at all the time.
5) None of these
2. Which of the following is not true in the context of given passage?
1) Online shopping is a popular but not safe option.
2) Flipkart.com provides one month replacement guarantee.
3) It's expected that online shopping users will increase.
4) All of the above
5) None of these
3. India is lacking behind from which of the following countries?
1) Only USA 2) Only Canada 3) Only Japan 4) Only China 5) Other than given option
4. How much percentage of revenue is expected to contribute to India's GDP in next 6 years by online shoppers?
1) 6.3% 2) 3% 3) 4% 4) Data inadequate 5) Other than given option.
5. Which factors can improve the future growth of online shopping?
1) By introducing more online shopping sites.
2) By making more user friendly sites.
3) By improving the shopping process
4) By introducing variety of goods and services.
5) All of the above.
6. Which of the following is not a shopping site?
1) Paytm.com 2) Bookmyshow.com 3) eBay.com 4) doorstep.com 5) Other than given option.
7. Why do people like to prefer online shopping?
1) Easy access to variety of brands and it saves time with multiple payment option.
2) Today's generation is technology oriented
3) Now most of the people have their own personal computers and credit cards
4) It provides discount and other lucrative offers.
5) Other than given option
Direction (8- 9) : Choose the word which is MOST SIMILAR in meaning to the word printed in bold as used in the
1) Bending 2) Deflecting 3) Inclining 4) Arch 5) Hook
1) Power 2) Race 3) Pair 4) Sway 5) Progress
Direction : (10) :Choose the word which is MOST OPPOSITE in meaning to the word printed in bold as given below-
1) Maintain 2) Exchange 3) Replace 4) Create 5) Fix
1.2, 2.1, 3.5, 4.3 , 5.5, 6.4 , 7.1 , 8.3, 9.5, 10.1