Directions ( Q. 1- 6):Each of the question below consist of a question and two statements numbered I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data given in the statements are sufficient to answer the questions. Read both the statement
and give answer-
1. If the data in statement I alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement II alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
2. If the data in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement I alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
3. If the data either in statement I alone or statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question.
4. If the data in statement I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question.
5. If the data in both statements I and II together are necessary to answer the question.
1. Who among A, B, C, D and E got the highest mark ?
I) D got more marks than B and C and E got more marks than A and D.
II) A got less marks than E and C but more than B and D. C didn't get highest marks and B didn't get least marks.
2. Which direction is Sumit facing ?
I) If Sumit turns 450 to his right, he will face the direction exact opposite Rajat, who is facing North.
II) Rakshit is to the right of Sumit.
3. How is M related to I ?
I) S is one of the sisters of M, L is the only brother of M.
II) I is the brother of Q, who is father of S.
4. P, Q, R, S and T are sitting around a circular table facing the centre. Who sits on the immediate left of R ?
I) Only P sits between Q and T.
II) Q sits on the immediate right of S.
5. Among J, K, L M and P, each of a different age, who is the youngest ?
I) L is younger than only K and P.
II) J is younger than L and older than M.
6. On which day of the week (starting from Monday and ending on Sunday of the same week) did Sameer born.
I) Sameer born two days after, Arjun is born.
II) Sameer did not born either on Wednesday or on Friday.
Directions (Q. 7-10) : Study the following information carefully and answer the given question. In a certain code language 'Nokia has windows software' is written as 'su la ni ro', this software is very good' is written as 'ry mo su to ko', ' windows is performing extremely well' is written as 'zo ry cu da ro' and 'Nokia performing very beautifully' is written as 'la ko zo so'.
7. What is the code for 'beautifully' ?
1) la 2) zo 3) ko 4) so 5) None of these
8. What is the code for 'well' ?
1) ro 2) zo 3) cu 4) da 5) Can't be determined
9. Which of the following may be the code for 'this windows has very good features' ?
1) chi to ni ry ko mo 2) su, mo, ry, ka, to, chi 3) to, ro, ni, ko, chi, mo 4) ni , su, mo, chi, ko, to 5) None of these
10. What does 'ro' stand for ?
1) Nokia 2) Windows 3) Well 4) Performing 5) Has
From I; D > B and C, E > A and D.
Thus, we can say, E > D > B and C, E > A
Thus, E got the highest marks, Hence only I is sufficient.
From II; E and C > A > B and D.
C did not got highest marks and B did not got least marks.
Then, E> C > A > B> D thus E got highest marks
among them. Thus, only II is sufficient.
5. 5; From I : K and P > L
Thus, I alone is not sufficient.
From II ; L > J > M
Thus, II; alone is not sufficient.
From I and II ;-K and P > L > J > M
M is youngest of them. Thus , I and II both are
6.4; From I ; Sameer born after two days of Arjun.
Thus, I alone is not sufficient.
From II ;- We can’t find the day in which Sameer is
From I and II :- Possible days are Thursday. Saturday
and Sunday. Therefore, I and II together are not sufficient.
(7 to 10)
Nokia has windows software - su la ni ro -----------(i)
This software is very good - ry mo su to ko -------(ii)
Windows is performing extremely well - zo ry cu da ro - ------(iii)
Nokia performing very beautifully - la ko zo do ----- (iv)
From (i) and (ii) - Software - su
From (i) and (iii) - Windows - ro
From (ii) and (iv) - Very - ko
From (iii) and (iv) - Performing - zo
From (i) and (iv) - Nokia - la
Now, From (iv) - Beautifully - so
From (i) - Has - ni
From (ii) and (iii) - Is - ry
So, From (iii) - extremely, Well - cu, da
From (ii) - This, good - to, mo
7.4; 8.5; 9.3; 10.2;