Direction (Q. 1-5): In each question below are given three statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the given two statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance with commonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the statements, disregarding commonly known facts.
Give answer :
1) If only conclusion I follows. 2) If only conclusion II follows.
3) If either I or II follows. 4) If neither conclusion I nor II follows.
5) If both conclusion I and II follows.
1. Statements :- Some books are balls No bat is a book. All balls are matches.
Conclusion: I.Some balls are not bats. II.Some bats are not matches.
2. Statements : All squares are circles. All circles are ice. Some ice are triangles.
Conclusion: I.There is a possibility that all triangles are squares.
II.At least some ice are squares.
3. Statements :- Some songs are dances. Some dances are rhymes. Some rhymes are stories.
Conclusion:- I. Some dances are stories. II.Some songs are stories.
4. Statements : Some bananas are soups. No soup is a powder. No curry is a banana.
Conclusion: I. All bananas can never be a powder. II.Some curry are soups.
5. Statements : All balls are tables. All tables are chairs. No chairs is a room.
Conclusion: I. No ball is a room. II.No table is a room.
1. 1; No bat is a book + Some books are balls = E + I = O*
= Some balls are not bat Hence, I follows. But we
can’t proceed further. Hence II does not follow.
2.5; The possibility in I exists as there is no negative
statement. Again, All squares are circles + All circles
are ice = A +A = A = All squares are ice conversion
Some ice are squares. Hence, II follows.
3.4; I + I = No conclusion
4.1; Some bananas are soups + No soups is a powder = I
+ E = O = Some bananas are not powder. Hence,
conclusion I follows. Again, No curry is a banana +
Some bananas are soups = E + I = O*= Some soups
are not curry. Hence, conclusion II do not follow.
5.5; All balls are tables + All tables are chairs = A + A = A
= All balls are chairs. Now, All balls are chairs + No
chair is a room = A + E = E = No balls is a room Hence
conclusion I follows. Again, All tables are chairs + No
chair is a room = A + E = E = No table is a room. Hence,
conclusion II follows.