Directions (Q. 1 – 3) : In each of the questions below are given three statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance with commonly known facts. Read all the conclusions and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows fro m the given statements, disregarding commonly known facts. Give answer :
1) If only conclusion I follows. 2) If both conclusion I and II follow.
3) If only conclusion II follows. 4) If neither conclusion I nor conclusion II follows.
5) If either conclusion I or conclusion II follows.
1. Statements : Some Hotels are Five Star. No Five Star is Restaurant.
All Five Star are Big. Some big are dhabas.
Conclusion: I.No Hotels is Restaurant. II.All Restaurant being Big is a possibility.
2. Statements : No Tiger is Lion. All Lion are Animals. Some Lion are Dangerous.
Conclusion: I.All Animal being Dangerous is a possibility. II.Some Animals are not Tigers.
3. Statements : All Flowers are Red. No Red is Yellow.
Some Yellows are Flower. All Blacks are Flower.
Conclusion: I.Some Reds are Black. II.All Reds are Black.
Direction (Q. 4 – 8) : Each of the questions below consists of a question and two statements numbered I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data given in the statements are sufficient to answer the questions. Read both the statements and give the answer :
1) If the data in statement I alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statements II alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
2) If the data in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement I alone is not sufficient to answer the question.
3) If the data either in statement I alone or statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question.
4) If the data even in both statement I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question.
5) If the data in both statement I and II together are necessary to answer the question.
4. How is Cricket written in a code language ?
I) 'India play Cricket' is written as 'ga pa ma' in that code language.
II) 'Cricket is Passion' is written as 'pa ra ta' in that code language.
5. Among P, Q, R, S and T who is the tallest ?
I) P is taller than Q, Q is shorter than S. S is not the shortest.
II) R is taller than P and Q only. S is taller than only T.
6. How is D related to R ?
I) S has only two kids, D and R and is the mother in law of T, who is sister in law of R.
II) O is the sister in law of D and is the daughter in law of M, who has only two kids D and R.
7. A, B, C, D and E are five friends sitting in a straight line. Who among the following is sitting in the middle of the row ?
I) C is sitting second to the left of D. A and B are the neighbour of D.
II) E is sitting at one side of the row. A is sitting third to the right of C. B is the neighbours of D.
8. Village P is in which direction of village L ?
I) Village L is to the South of village C which is to the South – East of village D.
II) Village R is to the East of village P and to the North–East of village H.
Directions (Q. 9 –10): Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below : A word and number arrangement machine when given an input line of words and numbers rearranges them following a particular rule in each step. The following is an illustration of input and various steps of rearrangement. (All the number are two digit numbers) :
Input :And 25 patient 36 inside 8 of 27 decade 216 court 49.
Step - I :And 27 25 patient 36 inside 8 of decade 216 court 49.
Step -II:And 27 inside 216 25 patient 36 8 of decade court 49.
Step -III:And 27 inside 216 of 8 25 patient36 decade court 49.
Step-IV: And 27 inside 216 of 8 court 25 patient 36 decade 49.
Step-V:And 27 inside 216 of 8 court 25 decade 36 patient 49.
Step V is the last step of the rearrangement as the desired arrangement is obtained. As per rules followed in the above steps, find out in each of the questions the appropriate step for the given input. Input:Went 216 broke 8 is 27 through 16 actors 25 out 49.
9. How many steps are required to complete this arrangement ?
1) Five 2) Six 3) Four 4) Seven 5) None of these
10. Which of the following is seventh from the left in step IV ?
1) 27 2) broke 3) out 4) 25 5) Went
1. 3; Some Hotels are Five Star (I) + No Five Star is Restaurant (E) = I + E = O. Hence, conclusion (I) No Hotels are Restaurant does not follow. Again, No Five Star is Restaurant (E) + All Five Star are Big (A) ---> E + A = O*. But conclusion II is true in possibility. Hence, conclusion II follows.
2. 2; All Lion are Animals (A) + Some Lion are Dangerous (I) = A + I = No conclusion. Hence, conclusion (I) does not follows. But it is true in possibility. Therefore it follows. But conclusion II also follows.
3. 4; All Black are Flower (A) + All Flower are Red (A + A)
---> A ---> All Black are Red ---> conversion ---> Some Black are
Red. Hence, conclusion I and II do not follow.
4. 5; Cricket is only common between these two statements so both the statement are required to answer this question.
5. 4; From statement I : P > Q, S > Q
From statement II : R > P, Q S > T
So both the statements are not enough to answer this question on combining both statement I and II: We can’t get the desired result.
6. 1; From I D and R are either brother and sister or both are brothers because T is the wife of D and sister in law of R. So D is the brother of R. From II : D and R are either sister and brother or both are brothers because O is the wife of R. Hence, the data instatement I is sufficient to answer the question.
(9 to 10)
Machine arranges one word and one number alternately, In the rearrangement at first words start with vowels are arranged in ascending order as given in alphabetical series then the numbers are arranged according to the number of alphabet given in the word. The number is arranged according to the cube of the number of alphabet given in the word start with vowel. Now, the consonant are arranged in ascending order as given in alphabetical series. The numbers of arranged according to the square of the alphabet given in the word start with consonant.
Input : Went 216 broke is 27 through 16 actors 25 out 49.
Step I:Actors 216 went broke 8 is 27 through 16 25 out 49.
Step II :Actors 216 is 8 went broke 27 through 16 25 out 49.
Step III:Actors 216 is 8 out 27 went broke through 16 25 49.
Step IV:Actors 216 is 8 out 27 broke 25 went through 16 49.
Step V: Actors 216 is 8 out 27 broke 25 through 49 went 16.
9. 1; 10. 2;