Directions (Q. 1-5): In the following questions, a sentence has been given with some part of it in bold. To make the sentence correct, you have to replace the bold part with the correct as it is, please give 5) as you r answer (ie No correction required):-
1. Besides fostering peace and brotherhood among communities, scholars will also spell out what the stand of Islam on issue like female foeticide sexual exploitation and alcoholism.
1) Stand of Islam on issue. 2) The stand of Islam at issues. 3) Various issue on Islam. 4) The stand of Islam on issues. 5) No correction required.
2. Never before in the history of the state and very rarely in the history of the country has a sparkling galaxy of business tycoons of such stunning magnitude ever gathered above one roof.
1) Never have above. 2) Ever gathered under. 3) Ever gather above. 4) Never gather around. 5) No correction required.
3. I have been informed that the Vice-President of our company has said that the company will try to pass the bill during the current project ?
1) Have tried to pass bill. 2) Will try to passing the bill. 3) Will try to pass bill. 4) Won't try to issue a bill. 5) No error.
4. Population growth is the natural factor in increasing size of villages, that will the desire to shift to nearby bigger villages or towns in search of employment.
1) But so would be the desire. 2) That won't be required. 3) Therefore will desire. 4) Launch new desire. 5) No correction required.
5. Unlike supermarkets that accepting credit card, Kirana shops largely deal in cash, most if not all of which is untaxed and flows into the so-called parallel economy.
1) could have argued 2) with their economies of scale 3) no one accept cards 4) which accept credit cards. 5) whether accepting the cards
Directions (Q. 6-10): Rearrange the following Seven sentences A, B, C, D, E, F and G in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions given below :-
A) Yet Ashoka, Akbar and Aurangzeb have arterial roads in central Delhi named after them.
B) The subjugation of Kalinga alone cost the lives of one lakh soldiers and civilians who rose in its defence, as well as 1.5 lakh deportations.
C) So why not give the British a place in our history as well,
D) The scale of later redemptive acts by Asoka and Akbar may have been great,
E) Which would have the additional beneficial effect of unlocking new sources of tourist revenue ?
F) Ashoka the Great was a military conqueror and empire builder in the same mould as Akbar.
G) But so was the scale of crimes they committed.
6. Which of the following would be the SECOND sentence after rearrangement ?
1) A 2) C 3) E 4) G 5) B
7. Which of the following would be the FIFTH sentence after rearrangement ?
1) E 2) B 3) C 4) A 5) D
8. Which of the following would be the THIRD sentence after rearrangement ?
1) C 2) A 3) D 4) F 5) G
9. Which of the following would be the LAST (SEVENTH) sentence after rearrangement ?
1) B 2) E 3) C 4) A 5) G
10. Which of the following would be the FOURTH sentence after rearrangement ?
1) G 2) E 3) D 4) C 5) B
1. 4 , 2.2 , 3.5 , 4.1 , 5.4
(6-10) F B D G A C E