Directions (Q. 1-5): In the following passage, some of the words have been left out, each of which is indicated by a number. Find the suitable word from the options given against each number and fill up the blanks wit h appropriate words to make the paragraph meaningfully complete.
When we discuss about discrimination then in out country, we felt discrimination even in the game of chess, as the white piece is moved first. People are not disabled their choice. It occurs. Congenital since birth, progressive degeneration is a medical condition or due to an accident. This disabled with support from family and doctors learn to with the new reality and fit in a society which is not compatible both attitudinally and infrastructural.
I am suffering from an injury and a permanent disability due to an accident. More than 2 million people in India are suffering from this devastating, life- altering injury due to accidents. There is no cure, only lifelong rehabilitation can allow us to have a quality of life.
At no point could I go to a store and ask, "Could you please give a of kilos of dignity?" In exchange for some money. No one can buy dignity or self-respect or expect it to be (1) out to us (2)take is that as soon as we ask, expect or demand, we (3)smaller, lower, inferior and weaker. This would be undignified to say the least. We, the people with disability, have (4)earn and command dignity. We earn respect for what we do and achieve and how we achieve it. Also for our character (5)human
beings first and foremost.
1. 1) doled 2) ease 3) officious 4) stout 5) convene
2. 1) Restore 2) my 3) hazy 4) naive 5) lessen
3. 1) Emend 2) pleasure 3) senile 4) active 5) become
4. 1) now 2) been 3) to 4) mend 5) there
5. 1) soon 2) will 3) and 4) as 5) ardently
Directions (Q. 6-10): Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical or idiomatic error in it. The error if any will be in one part of the sentence, the number of that part is the answer. If there is 'No error' the answer is 5). (Ignore errors of punctuation, if any)
6. 1) His consideration for old parents was evident
2) When he held that execution of a Will by the father in favour of his son for taking care of him and his wife during their old age, excluding other sons or daughters,
3) on the ground that they had neglected him
4) during his last days will not draw an inference of suspicion or invalidate the Will.
5) No error
7. 1) A team of Indian scientists, 2) which reached airport,
3) came to exhibition by road 4) amidst with tight security. 5) No error
8. 1) After carefully weighing pros and cons, 2) the principal decided to take the plunge
3) and postpone the examination 4) of class 9th. 5) No error
9. 1) A sense of uncertainty
2) and the perception that his college team
3) rout in four states has left the embattled his competitors further enfeebled,
4) encouraged the other colleges to defy the college rank.
5) No error
10. 1) The husband becomes aggressive, jealous, 2) If he finds his wife
3) had a good time 4) with somebody else, just enjoying and laughing. 5) No error
1. 1 , 2.2 , 3.5, 4. 3, 5.4 , 6.5
7. 4; amidst tight security
8.1; the pros and cons
10.3; having a good time