Direction (Q. 1-5):In the following questions, a sentence has been given with some of its parts in bold. To make the sentence grammatically correct, you have to replace the bold parts with the correct alternative give n below. If the sentence is correct as it is, give 5) as your answer (i.e. No correction required).
1. The tragedy of this incident was not only that Ritika and Sunidhi have been allowed to get away without an explanation,
but that the value associated to our privacy was a slipery.
1) privacy was on slippery slope 2) privacy were on slippery slope
3) privacy was a slope 4) privacy weren't a slope 5) No correction required
2. Organization will focus predominantly on female candidates while staffed largely by them.
1) as well as staffed largely. 2) but also staffed largely.
3) apart from being staffed largely. 4) while staffed appointed. 5) No correction required
3. Many of them have been granted bail but can not get out as they do not have the money for the bail amount stipulated.
1) Many of them has 2) Many of them had 3) Many of these could 4) Some of them has 5) No correction required
4. This tragedy is not only about the local train accident, and also about the depressing regularity with which such unauthorised crossing occurs.
1) but also about depressing 2) but also about the depressing.
3) and also about depressing 4) even though about depressing 5) No correction required
5. The recent snooping incident in our state might have out of an attitude of factors that are not yet directly apparent.
1) out of the multitude 2) emanated their attitude
3) emanated out ofa multitude 4) emanated all 5) No correction required.
Directions (Q.6-10): Rearrange the following seven sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E), (F) and (G) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions given below.
(A) One of the many reasons for it was because many dance institutes in India offer various courses.
(B) Here the lines have blurred increasingly between contemporary and folk.
(C) One of them was undoubtedly its contribution to the evolution of the centuries old miniature tradition.
(D) While miniatures and contemporary continue to be distinct idioms in India.
(E) Though there were many admirable aspects of dance scene,
(F) The oldest dance institution in India is nominated for the award in this field.
6. Which of the following will be the SIXTH (LAST)sentence after rearrangement?
1) A 2) C 3) D 4) F 5) E
7. Which of the following would be the THIRD sentence after rearrangement?
1) C 2) B 3) A 4) F 5) D
8. Which of the following would be the FOURTH sentence after rearrangement?
1) F 2) C 3) B 4) A 5) D
9. Which of the following would be the FIRST sentence after rearrangement?
1) E 2) D 3) A 4) C 5) B
10. Which of the following would be the SECOND sentence after rearrangement?
1) A 2) C 3) B 4) F 5) E
1.1 , 2.3, 3.5 , 4.2 , 5. 3 , (6-10)E C D B A F