Direction (Q. 1-5): In the following questions, a sentence has been given with some of its parts in bold.To make the sentence grammatically correct, you have to replace the bold parts with the correct alternative give n below. If the sentence is correct as it is, give 5) as your answer (ie. No correction required).
1. Natasha has the presence of mind immediately to seek solace and solidarity from five of her friends and too burden herself of what will be happened.
1) to burden of whatever happened 2) to unburden her friend 3) to unburden herself of what happened.
4) to active 5) No correction required
2. Yesterday my company posted a comment on face book but this was not see at all.
1) It did not show up at all 2) it was rarely 3) we were not participated at all. 4) It does not show up 5) No correction required
3. The Global warming is caused severe disturbance and harm to communities.
1) due to disturbance 2) in fact disruption 3) already causing severe disruptions 4) need to remove disruptions 5) No correction required
4. Divya was committed to working to me to make our work together a model for the global cooperation we so desperately need.
1) was committed to work with me 2) is committed to working with me
3) is working with a commitment 4) was decided to work 5) No correction required
5. It is also widely believed that Rahul has the backing of the leadership, even if party heavyweights in the college are wary
of his rise.
1) backing of leadership 2) backed of the leadership
3) returning from the leadership 4) the core to leadership
5) No correction required
Directions (Q. 6-10): Rearrange the following seven sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E), (F) and (G) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions given below.
(A) Special educational programmes are needed to solve this issue and reduce school dropouts.
(B) Provision of safer stoves will help ameliorate the problem of indoor air pollution.
(C) The present living conditions of the workers in the industry also require drastic improvement.
(D) Attention must also be apid to the nutritional status of the workers and their families.
(E) Availability of basic amenities like sanitation, drinking water, housing etc. should be ensured.
(F) Workers should also be provided with one nutritious meal during their working hours.
(G) Since worker's children are not properly attended to and many of them do not go to school regularly.
6. Which of the following will be the SEVENTH sentence after rearrangement?
1) A 2) C 3) D 4) F 5) G
7. Which of the following would be the THIRD sentence after rearrangement?
1) C 2) B 3) A 4) G 5) F
8. Which of the following would be the FOURTH sentence after rearrangement?
1) F 2) C 3) B 4) A 5) D
9. Which of the following would be the FIRST sentence after rearrangement?
1) E 2) D 3) A 4) C 5) B
10. Which of the following would be the SECOND sentence after rearrangement?
1) A 2) C 3) B 4) F 5) E
1.3, 2.1 , 3.3 , 4.2, 5.5
(6-10) C E B D F G A