Directions (Q. 1-5): Rearrange the following seven sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E), (F) and (G) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions given below.
A) Who knew we were reading a book that was soon to become iconic?
B) I first encountered Digvijay in an institute of Delhi in 2001.
C) Just as we were getting to a crucial moment in the life of Siddhant,
D) I was a student, living on junk food, as one did and suffereing from a stomach ailment, as one did.
E) along came a boy to tell us that unnecessary staying in institute was not permitted.
F) My pal Raghu and I had been barred from our hostel during the day,
G) So Raghu was soothing my prostrate self by reading from the magzine, which was all the rage among such as us.
1. Which of the following will be the SEVENTH sentence after rearrangement?
1) A 2) C 3) D 4) E 5) G
2. Which of the following would be the THIRD sentence after rearrangement?
1) C 2) B 3) A 4) G 5) F
3. Which of the following would be the FOURTH sentence after rearrangement?
1) F 2) G 3) B 4) A 5) D
4. Which of the following would be the FIRST sentence after rearrangement?
1) E 2) D 3) A 4) C 5) B
5. Which of the following would be the SECOND sentence after rearrangement?
1) A 2) C 3) D 4) F 5) E
Directions (Q. 6-10): In the following questions, a sentence has been given with some of its parts in bold.To make the sentence grammatically correct, you have to replace the bold parts with the correct alternative give n below. If the sentence is correct as it is, give 5) as your answer (ie. No correction required).
6. ASEAN member countries and India share long-standing, close cultural, historical and economic bonds while common interests and similar positions on international issues.
1) With common interest 2) as well as common interests
3) have different interest 4) where all interest 5) No correction required
7. The management's philosophy was moldedona firm commitment to Quality, Performance and Service.
1) will moulded on 2) were moulded on 3) was molded at
4) was moulded on 5) No correction required
8. This country is bestowed within land river transportation to make the inland logistics viable and economical.
1) is bestowed at 2) was bestowed but 3) was not only bestowed
4) will not across 5) No correction required
9. We attach great importance to promote, upgrading, deepening bilateral relations with neighbouring, regional countries, major powers and traditional friends.
1) promoting, upgrading, and deepening 2) promote, upgrade and deepen
3) promoting, upgrade and deepen 4) deplomatic activities 5) No correction required
10. Due to the profound changes in the global and regional situation, we are fully aware that our national security and development are closely bonded with regional and global peace, stability and prosperity.
1) Bringing changes 2) Neither, in face of the profound changes
3) In face of the profound chnage 4) It's time to change 5) No correction required.
(1-5) B D F G A C E
6.2 , 7.4 , 8.5 , 9.1 , 10.3