Directions (Q. 1 – 4): Read the following information carefully and answer the given questions :
India has the largest postal networks in the world with over 1.55 lakh post offices. Most of them in rural areas. The network
has grown seven fold since independence with the focus of this expansion primarily on rural areas, yet the growth in terms of
numbers and reach is slowing down.
A) Several new products and services like speed post, Internet banking for saving account, i– money and e–post have
added a contemporary resonance to the post office.
B) All the Government of India has announced that all post offices in the country will be modernised by using modern
technology as the post card still takes lots of time to deliver.
C) Post office has inaugurated its first ATM's in Chennai and by 2015 March the department will be opening 2800 more
D) Government of India is thinking of giving license of Indian post for banking by which government can easily tapped the
customers in rural areas, which will need in financial inclusion.
E) People are neither interested in reading the letters nor they are interested in writing it. Even in the villages peoples are
beginning to find electronic means of interacting. More convenient and user friendly.
1. Which of the following among (A), (C), (D) and (E) may be a future course of action by the Indian Post ?
1) Both A and C 2) Both A and D 3) Both C and D 4) Only D 5) Only E
2. Which of the following among (B), (C), (D) and (E) may weaken the statement of preserving the Post Office?
1) Only B 2) Only E 3) Only D 4) Both D and E 5) Both C and E
3. Which of the following among (C), (D), (E) and (B) shows that Indian post will help the government in financial inclusion?
1) Only B 2) Only C 3) Both C and D 4) Only D 5) Both B and E
4. Which of the following among (A), (B), (C) and (D) shows sign of change and use of modern technology by the Indian Post.
1) Both A and C 2) Only B 3) Only C 4) Only D 5) None of these
5. The Delhi Airport Metro Express line has seen a 40 per cent more commuters ever since the DMRC took over the operations of the airport line ? Which of the following can be a strong argument in the favour of DMRC ?
1) After the took over of the operations of the airport line, DMRC has put more hoardings and bill boards to make aware about this route to the people.
2) The traffic in this route is quite smooth and services are quite excellent compare to the other routes.
3) The fare are quite high as compared to the other routes.
4) Both A and B
5) None of these
Directions (Q. 6 – 10): In each of the questions given bellow, which one of the five answer figure on the right should come
after problem figures on the left, if sequence were continued ?
1.3;Indian government taking initiative in setting up the new post office ATM and giving bank license. Option E giving more focus to latest technology. Option A explains about the services by the Indian post.
2.2; People are neither interested in writing letter nor have much time in reading it. Option B explains about the cause of modernisation in post office. Option C and D talks about the expansion plan.
3.4; By setting a full fledged bank in the future. Option B explains about the cause of modernisation in the post office. Option C explains about the expansion plan. Option E gives more focus to latest technology.
4.1; A and C i–money, internet banking ATM, all are being used by the Indian post now a day. Other option (B, D) does not explain any use of modern technology by the Indian post.
6.3; 1—> 2 —>3 (Follow sequence)
Similarly 4 —> 5 —> 6 (Follow sequence).
From step I to step II it changes diagonally the corner element in the first row and in the step III, first row changes itself. In the middle row, first and third element interchange itself and the middle number got squared. From step II to step III the first and the second row element interchange diagonally. The middle element changes itself. The first element and the third element interchange with its corresponding element. In the last row first and third element interchange with each other. While middle element remains same.
7.5; 1 —> 2 —> 3
4 —> 5 —> 6 (Same sequence in this series).
From first to second step all element are squared. In third row first and third elements are interchanging similarly follow in the second row and replaced by the next alphabet. While the middle element replaced by the next alphabet. From second to third step in the first row all element are added by 1. Then, first and third elements interchange their position.
8.2;1 —> 2 —> 3 —> 4
The 1st and 3rd element moves 90º clockwise in every row. While the 2nd element in each row moves 90º anti clockwise direction . Figure 4 is the last step of the series. In 5th new figure comes and same sequence follows.
9.1; 1—> 2 —> 3 —> 4
In fifth new figure comes and same sequence get followed. From step I to step II and step II to step III upper corner elements change their position. Centre element is squared of the previous element. While the corner middle row elements are replaced by the next alphabet. Then, lower corner row elements diagonally interchange with the middle corner element in next step. Then, upper corner elements diagonally interchange their position with the middle row corner elements.
10.4; 1 —> 2 —> 3 (Sequence)
4 —> 5 —> 6 (Same sequence in this series) All the box elements are squared of it previous step element. Then, In next step all the box elements diagonally interchange their position. And from step I to step II corner element have same position. While from step II to step III they diagonally interchange.