Directions (Q. 1 – 5): Read the following information carefully and answer the given questions : Seven persons H, I, J, K, L, M and N are playing seven different sports – Cricket, Badminton, Chess,Table Tennis, Billiards, Hockey and Lawn Tennis, from Monday to Friday. Each person plays a different sport and not more than two sports are played on any one of the days. Table Tennis is played by I on Tuesday. K plays on Friday but neither badminton nor Chess. M plays Cricket but neither on Thursday nor on Friday. H plays Lawn Tennis on the day on which Cricket is played. J plays Billiards on Monday. Badminton and Table Tennis are played on the Tuesday. N plays on Thursday.
1. Lawn Tennis is played on which day ?
1) Monday 2) Tuesday 3) Wednesday 4) Friday 5) None of these
2. Which of the following sports is played by N ?
1) Cricket 2) Hockey 3) Badminton 4) Chess 5) None of these
3. Badminton is played on which day ?
1) Thursday 2) Wednesday 3) Tuesday 4) Monday 5) None of these
4. Which sports is played on Friday ?
1) Hockey 2) Chess 3) Lawn Tennis 4) Cricket 5) None of these
5. Which of the following pair plays on Tuesday ?
1) J – L 2) K – L 3) I – M 4) I – L 5) None of these
Directions (Q. 6 – 10) : Each of the questions below consists of a question and three statements numbered I , II and III given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the question and mark the appropriate option as answer :
6. Among P, Q, R, S, T and V whose rank is last in a competition ?
I) P scored less than only R and S.
II) T's rank is third lowest.
III) V did not score the lowest marks.
1) Only I 2) Only II 3) Only III 4) All I, II and III
5) I, II and III even together are not sufficient to answer the question.
7. How many persons are there in room ? (All are in a single queue).
I) Sarita is at sixth place from the start.
II) Tanuja's who is eleven seats after Sarita is at twenty– sixth place from last.
III) Mona is five seats before Tanuja.
1) Both I and III 2) Both II and III 3) Both I and II 4) All I, II and III 5) None of these
8. A is in which direction with respect to B ?
I) L is to the North of B and A is to the West of M, which is to the South of L.
II) M is to the North of B.
III) M is to the East of H.
1) Only I 2) Both II and III 3) All I, II and III 4) Both I and II 5) None of these
9. How is P related to C ?
I) P's mother 'X' is sister of 'M'. M is C's husband.
II) P is daughter of 'N'. N is sister of 'M'. M is C's husband.
III) C is mother of two children.
1) Only I 2) Only II 3) Only III 4) Both II and III 5) None of these
10. Who among P, Q, R, S, T and U, each having different heights, is the tallest ?
I) Q is taller than P but shorter than T.
II) Only two of them are shorter than R.
III) S is taller than only U.
1) Only I 2) Only II 3) Both I and II 4) All I, II and III 5) None of these
(1 to 5)
1.3; 2. 4; 3. 3; 4. 1; 5. 4;
6. 4; From – I : R > S > A or S > R > A
From – II : T is at third last rank.
From – III : V is not the lowest scores.
From I, II and III :
R > S > A > T > V > Q or S > R > A > T > V > Q
Q has the lowest scores.
7.3; From – I : Sarita = 6th
from the start.
From – II : Tanuja = (Sarita + 11) from the start)
From – III : Mona = (Tanya – 5) from start.
From I and II :
(6 + 11) from start= 26th
Number of person = 17 + 26 – 1 = 42
10.4;From – I : T > Q > P
From – II : Only two of them are shorter than R.
From – III : S is taller than only U.
From I , II and III : T > Q > P > R > S > U
T is the tallest among them. Thus, I, II and III are necessary
to answer the question.