Directions (Q. 1-3): Read the following information carefully and answer the questions that follows: “Owing to lack of diesel options, once a market leader, Honda, is likely to discontinue its executive sedan Civic as it shifts its focus to compact cars like Brio and Jazz in the Indian market.” These questions are based on the information given above and the sentences labelled (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) as given below:
(A) Compact cars like Brio and Jazz will compete in the Indian car market.
(B) Most of the Indian customers prefer non-diesel cars.
(C) The product of Honda’s competitor, Suzuki’s Swift Dzire, has recorded a good sale of its diesel variant as compared to non-diesel ones during the last three quarters.
(D) Most of the Indian customers prefer diesel cars over non-diesel ones.
(E) The price of petrol is relatively high as compared to diesel.
(F) Since Indian customers are obsessed with the mileage of any vehicle, be it 2-wheeler or 4-wheeler, it becomes very difficult for them to take decisions while buying.
1. Which of the statements numbered (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F), if true, could strengthen the statement?
1) Only A 2) Both A and F 3) Only E 4) C, D and E 5) Only D
2. Which of the statements numbered (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) can be concluded from the statement?
1) Only A 2) Only E 3) Only D 4) Only C 5) Only B
3. Which of the statements numbered (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) has been assumed in the facts/information given in the statement? (An assumption is something supposed or taken for granted.)
1) Only A 2) Only E 3) Only B 4) Both D and E 5) Only F
Directions (Q. 4-5): Read the following information carefully and answer the questions which follow. “Even as opposition parties tore into the government’s big-bang decision to further liberalise in the insurance sector, industry players have shown a muted reaction.”
(A) The government’s decision is going to affect the insurance sector adversely.
(B) Opposition parties welcomed the decision made by the government.
(C) There are some sectors apart from insurance where the government is already following the policy of liberalisation.
(D) Opposition parties are not comfortable with the government’s decision.
(E) The government has given a new theory called the “Big-Bang theory”.
(F) Further liberation in the insurance sector will be beneficial for the economy as a whole.
4. Which of the statements numbered (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) can be inferred from the given information?
1) Only A 2) Only B 3) Only F 4) Only E 5) Only D
5. Which of the statements numbered (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) has been assumed in the given information?
1) Only C 2) Only F 3) Only B 4) Only A 5) Both A and C
Directions (Q. 6-10): Each of the following questions consists of unmarked figures followed by five figures marked 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. Select a figure from the marked figures which will replace the question mark so that a series be established by the unmarked figures.
1. 4; Any statement that goes in favour of diesel will strengthen the statement.
2. 3; It can be clearly concluded that people prefer diesel cars over non-diesel ones..
3. 1; Since Honda is shifting its focus towards these compact cars, the basic assumption is that ‘Brio’ and ‘Jazz’ will complete in the Indian car market.
4. 5; Since it has been mentioned that opposition parties tore into the government’s decision, it can be inferred that they are not comfortable with the government’s decision.
5. 4; It is this assumption that has made the opposition parties go on the offensive.
6. 3; The outer element and one smaller element rotate by 90° CW and 180° alternately while the triangle rotates by 90° ACW.
7. 1; Follow if 1 = 4 then 2 = 5 rule.
8. 2; In alternate steps the whole figure rotates by 45° and 90° CW while half-petal is added on CW and ACW side.
9. 5; 5, 6, 7 and 8 line segments are lost in subsequent steps.
10. 4; Elements shift from top to third from top bottom second from top top while the element coming to top gets inverted.