Directions (Q. 3-7): In each of the questions below are given two statements followed by three conclusions. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance with commonly known facts. Read all the conclusions and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements disregarding commonly known facts.
3. Statements : All bulbs are tables. Some bulbs are pots.
Conclusions : I. All pots are tables. II.No pot is table. III. Some pots are tables.
1) Only I follows 2) Only II follows 3) Only III follow 4) I and II follow 5) None of these
4. Statements : All rats are bells. All bells are cars.
Conclusions: I. All bells are rats. II. Some cars are neither bells nor rats. III.No car is rat.
1) Only I follows 2) Only II follows 3) Only III follows 4) II and III follow 5) None follows
5. Statements : All roads are trees. No tree is soap.
Conclusions : I. No soap is road. II. Some trees are roads. III. No road is soap.
1) Only I follows 2) Only II follows 3) Only III follow 4) None follows 5) All follow
6. Statements : Some hotels are bricks. All bananas are bricks.
Conclusions: I. Some bananas are hotels.
II. Some bricks are hotels.
III. No banana is hotel.
1) I and II follow 2) II and III follow 3) Only II follows 4) Only either I or III and II follow 5) All follow
7. Statements : Some books are lamps. Some lamps are rods.
Conclusions: I. Some books are rods.
II. No rod is either book or lamp.
III. All rods are lamps
1) Only either I or II follows 2) I and II follow 3) II and III follow 4) None follows 5) All follow
Directions (Q.8-10): Study the following information carefully and answer the given questions: In a certain code ‘colours of the sky’ is written as ‘ki la fa so’, ‘rainbow colours’ is written as ‘ro ki’ and ‘sky high rocket’ is written as ‘la pe jo’ and ‘the rocket world’ is written as ‘pe so ne’.
8. Which of the follwing will/may represent ‘the’?
1) Only ‘fa’ 2) Either ‘fa’or ‘la’ 3) Only ‘so’ 4) Only ‘la’ 5) Either ‘so’ or ‘fa’
9. What does ‘pe’ respresent in the code?
1) colours 2) sky 3) high 4) rainbow 5) rocket
10. Which of the following is the code for ‘colours sky high’?
1) ro jo lo 2) fa lo jo 3) la ki so 4) ki jo la 5) fa ki jo
(8 to 10)
9. 5; rocket