Directions (Q. 1-5): Each of the questions below consists of a question and three statements numbered I, II and III given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the question and mark the appropriate option as answer.
1. Rohini is in which direction of Rohit?
I.Raina is to the north of Rohit, Rupali is to the east of Raina and Rohini is to the south of Rupali.
II.Raina is to the west of Rupali.
III.Rohit is to the east of Raina and Raina is to the west of Rohini.
1) Only I 2) Only II 3) Only III 4) Both I and II 5) None of these
2. Among Pooja, Priya, Pushpa, Pinki, Punam and Padma, who is the tallest?
I. Priya is taller than Pooja and Punam.
II. Padma is taller than Priya but shorter than Pinki, who is not the tallest.
III. Pooja is not the shortest.
1) Only I and II 2) Only II and III 3) Only I and III 4) All I, II and III 5) II and either I or III
3. How is ‘R’ related to ‘Q’?
I.‘T’ is wife of one of the sons of ‘Y’ and mother of grandson of father of ‘X’.
II. ‘X’ is father of ‘Q’ but ‘Q’ is not the daughter of wife of ‘X’.
III.‘R’ is brother of ‘P’, who is granddaughter of father-in-law of mother of ‘R’.
1) None 2) Any one of them 3) Only III 4) All the information even together are not sufficient. 5) None of these
4. Which date in April is definitely Manish’s father’s birthday?
I.Manish correctly remembers that his father’s birthday is after fourteenth but before nineteenth of April.
II.Manish’s sister correctly remembers that their father’s birthday is after sixteenth but before twenty-first of April.
III.Manish’s brother correctly remembers that their father’s birthday is after sixteenth but before twenty-second of April.
1) Only I and II 2) Only II and III 3) Only I and III 4) Only I 5) None of these
5. In a hockey match, how many goals did Tanuja score?
I.Tanuja didn’t score the highest number of goals.
II.Tanuja, Mohit and Karuna scored equal number of goals.
III.The total goals scored by Mohit, Rinki, and Karuna is 12 and Rinki scored as many goals as Mohit and Karuna together .
1) Only I and II 2) Only II and III 3) Only I and III 4) All I, II and III together 5) None of these
Directions (Q. 6-7): Study the information given below to answer these questions.
I. There is a family of five persons A, B, C, D and E.
II. They are working as a doctor, a teacher, a trader, a lawyer and a farmer.
III. B, an unmarried teacher, is the daughter of A.
IV. E, a lawyer, is the brother of C.
V. C is the husband in the only married couple in the family.
VI. A, a farmer, is a father of two sons and an unmarried daughter.
VII. The daughter-in-law of A is a doctor.
6. Which of the following is a group of female members in the family?
1) D and E 2) B and D 3) A, C and E 4) B and C 5) None of these
7. Which of the following is the married couple?
1) C and D 2) A and B 3) A and D 4) B and D 5) None of these
Directions (Q. 8-10): Study the following information to answer the questions given: When a word and number arrangement machine is given an input of words and numbers, it arranges them following a particular rule. The following is illustration of input and rearrangement:
Input : 25 93 as hill stamp bolt 45 34 63 total 13 alter rise
Step I : alter 25 93 as hill stamp bolt 45 34 63 total rise 13
Step II : alter as 93 hill stamp bolt 45 34 63 total rise 25 13
Step III : alter as bolt 93 hill stamp 45 63 total rise 34 25 13
Step IV : alter as bolt hill 93 stamp 63 total rise 45 34 25 13
Step V : alter as bolt hill rise 93 stamp total 63 45 34 25 13
Step VI : alter as bolt hill rise stamp total 93 63 45 34 25 13
Step VI is the last step of the above arrangement as the intended arrangement is obtained. As per the rules followed in the above steps, find out in each of the following questions the appropriate steps for the given input.
Input: ropes 12 33 strong 35 19 in blue ample kite 47 77 57
8. What is the position of ‘47’ in step III?
1) Fifth from the left end 2) Seventh from the left end 3) Sixth from the left end 4) Sixth from the right end 5) Seventh from the right end
9. Which of the following is fifth from the left end of step V in the above arrangement?
1) kite 2) ropes 3) strong 4) 35 5) None of these
10. What is the position of ‘in’ in step IV?
1) Fourth from the left end 2) Third from the right end 3) Second from the left end 4) Third from the left end 5) Fifth from the left end
2.1; From I.Priya > Pooja and Punam
From II. Pinki > Padma > Priya and Pinki is not the tallest.
From III.Pooja is not the shortest.
From I and II.
Pinki > Padma > Priya > Pooja, Punam. Since Pinki is not
the tallest, it must be Pushpa who is the tallest.
Thus, only I and II together are sufficient.
From II and III,
No definite relationship.
From I and III.We can’t say who is the tallest as nothing is mentioned about Pushpa, Pinki and Padma.
3. 4; Statement III has no relation either with statement I or with II. In statement III, Q is not being talked about. Similarly, in statement I and II, R is not being talked about. Hence all the three statements even together are not sufficient
4.5; From I. According to Manish, possible dates are 15, 16,
From II.According to Manish’s sister, possible dates are
17, 18, 19, 20.
From III. According to Manish’s brother, possible dates
are 17, 18, 19, 20, 21.
Combining I, II and III,
Possible dates are 17, 18
Thus, we can’t find the exact date.
5. 2; From I.Tanuja didn’t score the highest number of goals.
From II.Tanuja = Mohit = Karuna
From III.Mohit + Rinki + Karuna = 12 goals
Rinki = Mohit + Karuna
Rinki scored 6 goals and Mohit and Karuna together scored
From I and II,
We can’t find how many goals Tanuja scored.
From II and III,
Mohit and Karuna together scored six goals.
Mohit + Karuna = 6
Tanuja = Mohit = Karuna = x
x + x = 6
or x = 3
Tanuja scored three goals.
Thus, II and III together are sufficient.
(6 to 7)
(8-10): After careful analysis of the given input and various steps of rearrangement it is evident that in each step one word and one number get rearranged. Words are rearranged in alphabetical order from the left end while numbers get arranged from the right end in ascending order. Input:ropes 12 33 strong 35 19 in blue ample kite 47 77 57
Step I:ample ropes 33 strong 35 19 in blue kite 47 77 57 12
Step II:ample blue ropes 33 strong 35 in kite 47 77 57 19 12
Step III:ample blue in ropes 33 strong 35 kite 47 77 57 19 12
Step IV:ample blue in kite ropes strong 47 77 57 35 33 19 12
Step V:ample blue in kite ropes strong 77 57 47 35 33 19 12
8. 4; 47 is sixth from the right end and eighth from the left end in Step III.
9. 2; The word ‘ropes’ is fifth from the left end in Step V
10. 4; The word ‘in’ is third from the left end in Step IV.