Directions (Q. 1-3): Study the following information to answer the given questions -An apartment has seven floors numbered one to seven, in such a way that the ground floor is number done, the floor above it, number two and so on and the topmost floor is numbered seven. One out of seven people viz.P, Q, R , S, T, U and V lives on floor. P lives on each fourth floor. T lives on the floor immediately below U’s floor. U does not live on the second or the seventh floor. R does not live on an odd numbered floor. Q does not live on a floor immediately above or below R’s floor. S does not live on the topmost floor. V does not live on any floor below T’s floor.
1. Who lives on the topmost floor?
1) Q 2) R 3) T 4) V 5) Can't be determined
2. Who lives immediately above S’s floor?
1) P 2) Q 3) R 4) U 5) V
3. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to that group?
1) U 2) S 3) Q 4) V 5) R
Directions (Q. 4-5): Read the following information carefully and answer the questions which follow.
If ‘A × B’ means ‘A is son of B’.
If ‘A + B’ means ‘A is daughter of B’.
If ‘A ÷ B’ means ‘A is wife of B’.
If ‘A – B’ means ‘A is father of B’.
4. What will come in place of the question mark, to establish that ‘Q is mother of N’ in the below expression? ‘N + O - P ? Q’
1) + 2) × 3) – 4) ÷ 5) Either 1) or 2)
5. Which of the following relation is true based upon the relations given in the equations ‘S ÷ T × V – W + Y’?
1) T is brother of Y 2) S is daughter in-law of W 3) S is daughter in-law of Y 4) Y is daughter of V 5) None is true
Directions (Q. 6-10): Study the following information and answer the questions given:
Seven people - A, B, C, D, E, F and G are sitting in a circle. Five of them are facing the centre while two of them are facing opposite to the centre. C sits third to the left of D and both are facing the centre. E is neither an immediate neighbour of D nor of C. The one sitting exactly between D and F is facing opposite to the centre. G sits third to the right of A and G is facing the centre. One of B’s neighbours is facing opposite to the centre.
6. Which of the following pairs represents persons facing opposite to the centre?
1) A and F 2) E and F 3) A and E 4) Cannot be determined 5) None of these
7. Who is sitting second to the left of A?
1) C 2) G 3) E 4) B 5) None of these
8. Who is sitting to the immediate left of E?
1) C 2) G 3) B 4) A 5) None of these
9. What is the position of F with respect to B?
1) Fourth to the left 2) Second to the right 3) Third to the right 4) Second to the left 5) None of these
10. If all the persons are asked to sit in a clock wise direction in an alphabetical order starting from A, the positions of how many will remain unchanged, excluding A?
1) Three 2) One 3) Two 4) None 5) Four
(1 to 3)
1. 4 , 2.3 , 3.5
(6 to 10)
6. 3; A and E are facing opposite to the centre.
7. 4; B is sitting second to the left of A.
8. 2; G is sitting to the immediate left of E.
9. 5; F is third to the left of B.