1. Which of the following is a programme launched by the government to develop rural infrastructure in India?
1) Bharat Uday 2) Bharat Nirman 3) JNNURM 4) ICDS 5) None of these
2. Consider the following banks operating in India:
(A) BNP Paribas
(B) Deutsche Bank
Which of the following is a foreign bank functioning in India?
1) Only B and D 2) Only A, B and D 3) Only B, C and D 4) Only A, C and D, 5) All A, B, C and D
3. Which of the following is not a term used in banking?
1) Overdraft 2) CBS 3) SME Finance 4) Account Payee 5) All are banking terms
4. In Banking services, market can be segmented on the basis of
1) density 2) customers 3) other players 4) Both 1) and 2) 5) Neither 1) nor 2)
5. Many a time we see a term in newspapers ‘IPO’. What is the full form of the same?
1) Indian Public Offer 2) Institutional Purchase Offer 3) Industrial Purchase Order 4) Indian Purchase Offer 5) Initial Public Offer
6. Many banks these days are entering into the business of offering loans against property. This business of the banks can be categorised under which of the following heads of banking?
1) Corporate Banking 2) Personal Banking 3) Merchant banking 4) Portfolio Management Service 5) None of these
7. Which of the following is considered an informal method of getting credit/finance?
1) Internet banking 2) Branch visits 3) Going to moneylenders 4) Telebanking 5) All of these
8. Which of the following indexes is developed to measure life expectancy, level of literacy, education and standard of living of people in a country?
1) Inflation 2) Sensex 3) Human Development Index 4) SLR 5) None of these
9. Many a time we read in newspapers about ‘Financial Inclusion’. What does it really mean ? [(Pick up the correct statement(s)]
(A) Allow the merger and acquisition of banks so that only few big banks exist and continue to cater to the need of corporate sector.
(B) Expanding the network of banks in such a way that people from lower strata of society also get the benefit of services provided by banks.
(C) Providing insurance cover to each and every citizen so that he/she can live a healthy and long life.
1) Only (A) 2) Only (B) 3) Only (C) 4) Both (A) & (B) 5) All (A), (B) & (C)
10. The 9th Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) Divas was observed recently on which of the following dates?
1) 30 Jan 2) 31 Jan 3) 1 Feb 4) 2 Feb 5) None of these