Directions (Q. 1– 5): Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical or idiomatic error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is 'No error', the answer is 5). (Ignore errors of punctuation, If any).
1. 1) We had recently organised several round table discussions / 2) to understand the needs and requirements / 3) of these
specific stakeholders, / 4) to be dovetailed with the implementation of the new policy initiatives. /5) No error
2. 1) This decision will weave / 2) a whole ecosystem of innovation / 3) and a new electronic products / 4) in the country. / 5) No error
3. 1) I would urge all states / 2) to come forward / 3) and made / 4) the most of this opportunity. / 5) No error
4. 1) House we used to call our home / 2) has suddenly become an empty shall, / 3) as if a gust of wind has sucked everything out of it / 4) so that there is nothing left but absence. / 5) No error
5. 1) Could it be a cause / 2) for the many forms of that most strange and most elusive of emotions, / 3) the love between dogs and people who share a home / 4) is perhaps the most unmotivated love of all ? /5) No error
Directions (Q. 6 –10): Rearrange the following seven sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E), (F) and (G) in the proper sequence
to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions given below.
A)He must meet unusual employee and make them come closer to everyone.
B)Growing up as a young professional, Byom was always fascinated by leadership.
C)How the each employee takes critical decisions; what are the drivers, the struggles, the insecurities.
D)Beyond the command-and-control relationship, the average employee in his company doesn’t know how a leader’s mind works;
E)But he also realized that most leaders, particularly inside his company, feel very remote from the average employee.
F)Byom told himself, someday, he must attempt it.
G)He felt that there is a lot of valuable stuff in there; harvesting that inner-self could hugely benefit countless employees both inside and outside the company.
6. Which of the following would be the THIRD sentence after rearrangement ?
1) G 2) D 3) E 4) A 5) C
7. Which of the following would be the FIRST sentence after rearrangement ?
1) C 2) F 3) D 4) A 5) B
8. Which of the following would be the FIFTH sentence after rearrangement ?
1) G 2) A 3) E 4) B 5) D
9. Which of the following would be the SECOND sentence after rearrangement ?
1) C 2) E 3) D 4) F 5) G
10. Which of the following would be the SIXTH sentence after rearrangement ?
1) G 2) A 3) F 4) B 5) E
1. 4; ‘dovtailed’ is wrong word the correct spelling is ‘dovetailed’.
2. 3; Omit ‘a’
3. 3; Replace ‘made’ by ‘make’.
4. 1; ‘The’ before ‘house’.
5. 2; Replace ‘for’ with ‘of’.
(6 –10) B E D C G F A