Directions (Q. 1-5): Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical or idiomatic error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is ‘No error’, the answer is 5). (Ignore errors of punctuation, If any).
1. 1) The main functions carried out by Uttar Pradesh Technical University (UPTU) and Gautam Buddh Technical
University (GBTU) /2) involve granting recognition to newly opened college, /3) prescribe syllabus and text books for
Professional courses /4) and conducting examination and publishing results. /5) No error.
2. 1) With unbiased views, /2) engaging features and simple design, /3) our new project has been the preferred source of
morning news /4) for this much sought before audience since its launch in early 1995. / 5) No error
3. 1) The main objective of our company /2) is to promote economic efficiency using competition/3) as one of the means to
assisting /4) the creation of market responsive to consumer preference. / 5) No error.
4. 1) He is one of the youngest /2) and most successful comedians in America today, /3) and is also known for playing /
4) Tom Haverford in Parks and Recreation. / 5) No error.
5. 1) This can be done by publishing various articles /2) written by employees to improve the work environment /3) that can
be published /4) in various magazines of the company. / 5) No error
Directions (Q. 6-10): Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E), and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions given below.
A)It combines a set of skills including verbal and nonverbal communication, effective listening and the ability to perceive your own emotions and those of the person you’re communicating with.
B) It enables you to communicate even all types of messages without creating conflict or loosing trust.
C) In the modern age, one has to send, receive, and process huge numbers of messages every day.
D) It can make better relationships at every place and in all situations by widening your connections to others and improving decision-making.
E) But effective communication is about more than just exchanging messages; it is also about perceive the emotion behind the message.
F)While good communication skill is developed by practice, but it takes time and effort to develop this skill and become an effective communicator.
6. Which of the following would be the ‘FIFTH’ sentence after rearrangement?
1) D 2) F 3) E 4) C 5) A
7. Which of the following would be the ‘THIRD’ sentence after rearrangement ?
1) F 2) D 3) A 4) E 5) C
8. Which of the following would be the ‘LAST (SIXTH)’sentence after rearrangement ?
1) A 2) E 3) B 4) F 5) D
9. Which of the following would be the ‘FIRST’ sentence after rearrangement ?
1) B 2) F 3) D 4) E 5) C
10. Which of the following would be the ‘SECOND’ sentence after rearrangement ?
1) F 2) B 3) E 4) C 5) A
1. 3; Replace ‘prescribe’ with ‘prescribing’.
2. 4; Replace ‘before’ with ‘after’.
3. 3; Replace ‘to’ with ‘of’
4. 5; No error
5. 3; Replace ‘that’ with ‘which’.
(6 –10) C E D B A F
6. 5 , 7. 2 , 8. 4 , 9. 5 , 10. 3