Directions (Q. 1-5): In the following passage, there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.
The urgent need of the hour is to up the moral of our society in general and of our student community in particular,
if we want to save ourselves and our society from the present of mass indiscipline and of basic human values, which has
become a phenomenon. We must, therefore, (1)and practise the most (2)basic human values like co-operation,
tolerance, patriotism, generosity, truth, justice and excellence—the ideals which are universal in nature and which are (3)in
themselves and which are worthy of (4)for their own sake. These ideals are both personally as well as socially (5).
1. 1) incorporate 2) induce 3) implicate 4) inculcate 5) involve
2. 1) absorbing 2) cherished 3) introspective 4) famous 5) productive
3. 1) distinctive 2) appreciated 3) formative 4) helping 5) end
4. 1) evolving 2) spreading 3) esteem 4) wisdom 5) popularity
5. 1) desirable 2) manageable 3) redundant 4) vulnerable 5) possible
Directions (Q. 6-10): Rearrange the following seven sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E), (F) and (G) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions given below them.
(A) It is obvious from the above that the Commission has accorded highest priority to securing speedy justice to women.
(B) These members continue to pursue their mandated activities, namely review of legislation, intervention in specific individual complaints of atrocities and denial of rights. BSC Academy SBI-PO-003 3
(C) The functions assigned to the Commission, as per the Act, are wide and varied covering almost all the facets of issues relating to safeguarding women’s rights and promotion.
(D) The National Commission for Women was set up on 31st January, 1992 in pursuance of the National Commission for Women Act 1990.
(E) Towards this end of speedy justice to women, the Commission is organising Parivarik Mahila Lok Adalats, offering counselling in family disputes and conducting training programmes for creating legal awareness among women.
(F) They also suggest remedial action to safeguard the interest of women to the appropriate authorities.
(G) To carry out these functions, the Commission has a chairman, five members and a Member-Secretary, all nominated by the Central Government
6. Which of the following will be the FOURTH sentence?
1) A 2) C 3) D 4) B 5) E
7. Which of the following will be the FIRST sentence?
1) C 2) D 3) E 4) F 5) A
8. Which of the following will be the LAST sentence?
1) G 2) F 3) D 4) C 5) E
9. Which of the following will be the THIRD sentence?
1) G 2) B 3) F 4) D 5) C
10. Which of the following will be the FIFTH sentence?
1) C 2) D 3) F 4) E 5) B
1. 4 , 2. 2 , 3. 1 , 4. 3 , 5. 1 , 6. 4 , 7. 2 , 8. 5 , 9. 1 , 10. 3